[llvm-dev] Question about Decoding Conflict of DisassemblerTables from TableGen

jingu kang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 5 03:37:00 PST 2015

Hi All,

I have faced decoding conflict of DisassemblerTables from TableGen. I
have instructions with same encoding and different mnemonic among
different architecture versions. I have used Predicates and
AssemblerPredicates to distinguish them on Codegen and Assembler but
it does not work on Disassembler. When I look at
TableGen/FixedLenDecoderEmitter.cpp, once there is decoding conflict,
tablegen does not generate table entry. I think it means even though
there are predicates, it does not affect to the table entry. Could
someone let me know how to avoid decoding conflict in this situation?
If I missed something, please let me know.

Thanks,
JinGu Kang