[llvm-dev] LTO on libraries

David Callahan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 4 16:51:57 PST 2015

Thanks

I had two small learnings.
1. Don’t name the output of llvm-link as a “.o” (the subsequent clang ignores it)
2. You need to have optimization flags like –O3 on the second clang, the on on the first is dropped.
But this did as I had hoped:

bin/clang -flto -O3 -c {a,b,c}.o
bin/llvm-link -o abc.bc {a,b,c}.o
bin/clang -O3 -o abc.o -c abc.bc