[llvm-dev] -fno-rtti compilation option

Adrien DEGRANGE via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 2 07:20:08 PST 2015

Hi all,

Sorry to bother you guys with this question coming from a young beginner, but even after some hours of research, I could not find any way to solve my issue...

I have a project using LLVM APIs (3.7.0), so I compile it with options suggested by 'llvm-config -cxxflags', including -fno-rtti. Without this latter option, the build fails ("no reference to typeinfo...").
However, I also test my code thanks to CppUnit, which does not allow this compilation option (since it uses some functions such as 'typeid').

This sounds annoying... Has anyone already encountered such an issue? How did you manage with that?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Yours, sincerely,

AD