[llvm-dev] Aligned vector spills and variably sized stack frames

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 28 16:29:28 PDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

I believe this works correctly, but is not a targeted fix for the AVX spilling problem. ;) -- and I can certainly imagine such a feature being generally desirable. Specifically, all overaligned locals will simply fail to be overaligned (and, thus, the resulting code will likely be broken). In your case, I can imagine you can simply promise never to create such things, and you'll be fine.

 -Hal

> > Philip

Hal Finkel
Assistant Computational Scientist