[llvm-dev] Llvm pass to remove temporaries

RĂ©gis Portalez via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 28 11:09:38 PDT 2015

Hi.

I'm just starting to dig into the many existing llvm passes, and so far I didn't find what I'm looking for.

I generate llvm IR code in debug. I'd just like to go through this code and remove as many temporaries as possible. Those variables look generated for debug purposes.
They often look like synonyms of variables declared in the input source and don't seem to have a real meaning.

IR looks like:
Load a
Store b
Use b (instead of a)

I don't want to run something like mem2reg or simpilfycfg,, because the generated IR is too different from the input source.

Could someone please give me a hint?