[llvm-dev] Configuring LLVM Sparc target for Leon 3 and Leon 4 variants

Martin J. O'Riordan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 27 03:31:34 PDT 2015

At the moment I am using LLVM to target our proprietary SHAVE processor, but
the Movidius "Myriad" chip also utilises a Sparc Leon for executive
functions.  For this I use the GCC compiler.

This all works fine, but I would like to consolidate code generation for
both targets in the same LLVM derived compiler to simplify things and I have
a couple of questions about the Sparc backend in LLVM I was wondering if
someone could help me with.

.         It is not 100% clear to me that the existing backend fully
supports the Sparc V8 architecture, and the Leon variants in particular.
Does anyone know whether this architecture is supported in the Sparc
backend?

.         How easy is it to configure the existing Sparc back-end for
bi-endian code generation?

Thanks,

            MartinO

Martin J. O'Riordan                Email:  Martin.ORiordan at movidius.com

Compiler Development               Web:    www.movidius.com
<http://www.movidius.com/>

Movidius Ltd.                      Skype:  moviMartinO

1st Floor,  O'Connell Bridge House,  d'Olier Street,  Dublin 2, Ireland