[llvm-dev] buildbot failure in LLVM on clang-native-arm-cortex-a9

Tobias Grosser via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 26 09:55:11 PDT 2015

On 08/26/2015 06:48 PM, Philip Reames wrote:
> On 08/26/2015 09:46 AM, Philip Reames wrote:
>> On 08/26/2015 09:41 AM, David Blaikie via llvm-dev wrote:
>>>

>>> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org <mailto:renato.golin at linaro.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     On 26 August 2015 at 17:39, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com <mailto:dblaikie at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>     > *shrug* I haven't looked at whatever specific bots are under discussion, but
>>>     > I really wouldn't mind/would like if the bots had a more "revert to green"
>>>     > feel to them just like we have for commits: take a bot offline,
>>>     > fix/iterate/improve it, see if it comes good, then bring it back to the
>>>     > mainline.
>>>
>>>     One needs a local buildmaster (which I recommend to all bot owners),
>>>     but might not be trivial.
>>>

>>> I wouldn't mind having a separate official build master (we could have a separate group on the main buildmaster, but I think that's insufficient - the visual noise there is still problematic) that hosts experimental bots.
>> +1.  I think this would be a very workable solution.
>>
>> Since we three seem to now be in agreement, do we want to send a top level RFC and actually implement this?
> Also, someone more familiar with the buildbot setup would need to write some clear instructions on how to do this "revert" of a bot. Personally, I've never touched this area and would have no idea how to even do this.

Reverting is simple. You just comment out the bot in zorg/buildbot/llvmlab/master/config/builders.py,
but you need to notify Galina to trigger a builbot restart. So there is one day latency.

So just reverting buildbots needs some time. I generally try to inform the owner. If the bot is red for two days,
I disable it and inform the mailing list. (This does not happen very often).

Tobias