[llvm-dev] buildbot failure in LLVM on clang-native-arm-cortex-a9
Renato Golin via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 26 09:34:50 PDT 2015
On 26 August 2015 at 17:27, Tobias Grosser <tobias at grosser.es> wrote:
> @Galina: It seems this bot is now almost permanently running into a
> timeout. Maybe you can fix this by either increasing the timeout or by
> switching to a cmake/ninja based build as suggested by Renato.
How I fixed my bots:
1. Remove cmake and ninja from your system. They are too old.
2. Download cmake stable sources (3.2+), untar, bootstrap, make, make install
3. Checkout ninja from github, bootstrap, copy "ninja" to /usr/local/bin
4. Install ccache from packages, add ccache to path
5. Change the builder to ClangCMakeBuilder like all ARM and AArch64 bots now in.
The Ninja+CMake combo has a feature that makes sure you print
everything without buffering, so the time out works exactly as
intended: if any single process takes more than that time, it's a bug.
I'm copying Gabor, as AFAIK, his bot is not based on the new
CMake+Ninja fix, but on an old polling script we had, which makes
Let's try this one first, and only consider any more drastic solution after.
More information about the llvm-dev