[llvm-dev] [RFC] Aggreate load/store, proposed plan

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 21 14:46:33 PDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

I think this might make more sense; it sounds closer to the transformation that Clang does for C-level aggregates, and should play nicer with SROA, etc. I'm not entirely sure where it should go, but feel free to prototype it as its own pass, and if it works well, we'll worry about pipeline placement.

> That wouldn't work for atomic/volatile, but I think that would work
> nicely for regular load/stores.

We only support atomics on integer pointee types anyway, so atomics are not relevant.

 -Hal