[llvm-dev] [RFC] Aggreate load/store, proposed plan

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 19 22:11:38 PDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

I agree. The RFC needs to summarize the problems and the potential solutions.

> is there more to do
> than what is proposed in http://reviews.llvm.org/D9766 ?
>
> So basically the proposal is that *InstCombine*

I think that fixing this early in the optimizer makes sense (InstCombine, etc.). This seems little different from any other canonicalization problem. These direct aggregate IR values are valid IR, but not our preferred canonical form, so we should transform the IR, when possible, into our preferred canonical form.

 -Hal

Hal Finkel
Assistant Computational Scientist
Leadership Computing Facility