[llvm-dev] Aggregate load/stores

Jonas Maebe via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 19 06:22:56 PDT 2015

[accidentally replied in private the first time, sorry]

On 19/08/15 14:16, Joerg Sonnenberger via llvm-dev wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 09:04:00AM +0200, Jonas Maebe via llvm-dev wrote:
>>
>> I had found a few messages mentioning that they are required when
>> generating freestanding code with clang (and GCC), but nothing about
>> llvm. Could you point me to that documentation so I know what I have
>> to provide?
>
> I don't think you will find any other documentation. Basically, memset
> and co will still be emitted if the number of operations is beyond a
> certain threshold.

The definition of freestanding in the C standard means that everything
from <float.h>, <limits.h>, <stdarg.h>, <stddef.h> and <iso646.h> needs
to be available. That's rather a lot of stuff to add for a run time
library that is not based on the C library in any way.

Jonas