[llvm-dev] TSAN hack on AArch64 for Android

Dan Albert via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 18 17:11:08 PDT 2015

It hasn't been obvious to me whether people mean real ELF TLS when they
talk about __thread support, or just that we need the keyword to be
supported *somehow*. The patch set that Joerg mentioned will do the TLS
emulation via pthread_getspecific for us in the compiler/rtlib. If that's
sufficient then we don't actually need any of that in TSAN, and neither
will any other platform that lacks ELF TLS.