[llvm-dev] Rationale for the object cache design?

Antoine Pitrou via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 13 10:52:44 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am a bit curious about the rationale for the current callback-based
object cache API.  For Numba, it would be easier if there would be a
simple procedural API:
- one method to get a module's compiled object code
- one method to load/instantiate a module from a given piece of object code

I manage to get around the callback-based API to do what I want, but
it's a bit weird to work with.  Would the above API suggestions be a
desirable addition?

PS: the gmane mirror for this list doesn't seem migrated yet, so I'm not
sure this message will reach the list...

Regards

Antoine.