[llvm-dev] [LLVMdev] RFC: ThinLTO File Format

Philip Reames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 12 11:50:31 PDT 2015

Alex already made what I consider to be the most relevant point.  I
would suggest removing the unwanted functionality and asking again.
 From my perspective, native wrapped bitcode is only interesting (and
thus worth reviewing and/or talking about) once the native bitcode
version is in tree and functional.  Frankly, I consider the native
wrapped bitcode to be an entirely orthogonal proposal that shouldn't be
tied to ThinLTO at all.

Fair warning, I'm not going to be particularly involved either way.
This is far enough from my own immediate interests that I can't spare
the cycles.  I would suggest that you collaborate closely with the Sony
and Apple folks who are already *using* LTO to find a proposal they're
happy with.  Until you do that, you are unlikely to make much progress.

Philip