[llvm-dev] Asan in nightlies?

William Cummings via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 12 09:09:08 PDT 2015

Thanks,  is building it from source the right way forward?

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015, at 09:08 AM, Reid Kleckner wrote:
> I think the apt nightlies use autoconf. I think we deleted the
> autoconf support for building the sanitizer runtimes, since it didn't
> support running the tests.
>
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 3:39 PM, William Cummings via llvm-dev <llvm-
> dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>> I'm running debian jessie and added the nightly repos and installed

clang-3.8. When trying to build with -fsanitize=address clang can't find

an asan lib:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find

/usr/lib/llvm-
3.8/bin/../lib/clang/3.8.0/lib/linux/libclang_rt.asan-x86_64.a:

No such file or directory

The apt page says the packages include compiler-rt which I thought

included asan. Am I missing a package?

Cheers,

Will