[llvm-dev] Benchmark GlobalsModRef in non-LTO pass pipeline

James Molloy via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 10 02:06:47 PDT 2015

Hi Chandler,

Sorry it took so long for me to get to this. I'm very keen to get GMR
enabled in the non-LTO pipeline. I see nontrivial perf improvements in a
bunch of workloads I care about with it enabled, but with a patch applied
to run GMR again after the LoopPasses but before the FunctionPasses.

I've found this is critical - LICM needs GMR available, and the passmanager
kills it by the time the early LICM is run.

I'd be really keen to get this enabled by default, with that extra run
added. I assume the need for this extra run will evaporate with the new
pass manager?

Cheers,

James