[llvm-dev] [RFC] BasicAA considers address spaces?

Matt Arsenault via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 7 12:45:42 PDT 2015

On 08/07/2015 12:22 PM, Daniel Berlin via llvm-dev wrote:
> Sorry to be pedantic, but i think it's important to make sure we are
> all on the same page that backends can't change the aliasing behavior
> of the default address space, only the aliasing behavior of the other
> address spaces.
Are you saying that we can't say address space 0 doesn't alias other
address spaces? In this case we really need to fix LLVM's concept of
default address space because this is highly problematic for us. We're
constrained to use it in some cases because we can't alloca in a
different address space, but ideally if we have problems like this we
wouldn't ever use address space 0.

-Matt