[LLVMdev] Lowering intrinsic that return an int1

Jobin, Gaƫl gael.jobin at switzerlandmail.ch
Tue Apr 28 04:02:52 PDT 2015

> I think pseudo-instructions should also define isPseudo = 1

Ah yes, thank you.

> I expect that before your custom inserter, the value produced by your pseudo instruction was in a vreg. You just have to reuse this vreg to put the result of your "stuff".
> If you run llc with --print-before-all, you should be able to see the actual sequence.

That's exactly my problem. How to know before my custom inserter where
the produced value will be? I found some documentation about the x86
target saying that the operand 0 is always the destination value, is it
right? Also, sometimes I saw _getOperand(0).getReg()_, but how can I be
sure that the destination will be in a vreg? Should I specify it
explicitly in the TableGen definition?

I admit being a bit lost inside the backend...

Thank you for your help