[LLVMdev] seeking a mailing list for llvm ports

Peter T. Breuer ptb at inv.it.uc3m.es
Mon Apr 27 13:49:00 PDT 2015

Hi - sorry to intrude, but can somebody point me to a suitable mailing
list where a tyro can get some advice on modifying an existing llvm
llvm assembler ...  rather lightly?

I want to add an extra instruction to the assembler/machine code
supported by the OR1K llvm port.

Well, there are a few more things I need to do, but that will be
good enough to start with!

I was able to what I wanted easily enough for gas, but I don't really
see where to start with llvm.  The files that do the business seem to be
those with ".td" suffixes (which look like they're written in a kind of
ML, which is OK with me!).  Is that right?  I've tried making my
additions in

  lib/Target/OR1K/OR1KInstrFormats.td
  lib/Target/OR1K/OR1KInstrInfo.td

in the llvm (port) source. Surely there must be somewhere where my
attempts at additions should be referenced, from, however!  Where is
that?

Regards, and hoping to get a pointer to where I should be posting!

PTB