[LLVMdev] convert LLVM IR to another IR without SSA

Xiangyang Guo xguo6 at ncsu.edu
Fri Apr 24 12:17:41 PDT 2015

Hi,

I want to convert LLVM IR to another type of IR, which has no SSA form. So
the most important thing I need to handle is Phi node and register
allocation because another type of IR has a limitation of virtual register
number. The first thing I can think about is to learn how LLVM Backend
works because LLVM Backend handles these things. But I'm not familiar with
Backend. After reading some source code and online tutorials, I think a
Backend is too much for my purpose. I really appreciate that if someone can
give me hints.

Thanks

Xiangyang