[LLVMdev] question about alignment of structures on the stack (arm 32)

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 11:45:03 PDT 2015

On 20 April 2015 at 11:09, Alexey Perevalov
<alexey.perevalov at hotmail.com> wrote:
> And before printf call I see an argument preparation, and one of the most interesting instruction
>
>     orr    r3, r2, #4 ;for address of range.length

This is certainly odd, and I can't reproduce the behaviour here. Even
if the stack itself is 8-byte aligned (it's not on iOS), that struct
would usually only be 4-byte aligned. LLVM shouldn't be using "orr"
there.

Do you have a self-contained example (code, compiler version & command
line flags)?

Cheers.

Tim.