[LLVMdev] Compile SPEC2006 with clang-3.2, multi definition errors.

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Wed Apr 15 23:15:26 PDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 1:00 PM, Eric Lu <eirc.lew at gmail.com> wrote:
> When compile 403.gcc, there are link errors.
>
> 1) environment
> 1.1) OS
> Linux gnode107 2.6.18-128.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jan 21 10:41:14 EST 2009 x86_64
> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> 1.2) The default GCC compiler is
> gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-44)
>
> 1.2) The compiler I used to build clang/llvm
> gcc (GCC) 4.7.0
>
> 1.3) /usr/bin/ld
> GNU ld version 2.17.50.0.6-9.el5 20061020
> This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
> the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.
>
> 2. errors when link
>
> /tmp/concat-yeQL2V.o: In function `gnu_dev_major':

These errors are absolutely gnu89 related.

If you test with libc++ you'll hit an issue with GAMESS. I have an
outstanding patch and src.alt which I need to get off my butt and get
approved. (I'll try to get that formalized this week or next)

I don't know about that particular version of binutils, but I'd
strongly recommend manually installing 2.25.

As of this week I'm officially participating in SPEC CPU work. Part of
that role is testing the upcoming benchmark "v6" on systems and
compilers which others may not have tested yet. I hadn't planned to
test vanilla clang, but if there's interest let me know. (On or off
list is fine)

(Sorry - I don't mean to hijack this thread. Just want to help with
SPEC related things if I can)