[LLVMdev] MMX/SSE subtarget feature in IR

suyog sarda sardask01 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 23:01:00 PDT 2015

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

The target-cpu generated in IR is pentium4 which has SSE. But we are
overriding that by specifying features as "+mmx, -sse" which means we are
disallowing SSE and only allowing MMX.

I further tried to see if it can vectorize (SLP) with MMX and without SSE.
At the start of SLP vectorization, it checks if target has vector registers
or not. For above IR, we have MMX on and SSE off. If I am not wrong, target
with MMX feature has vector registers, and hence it should vectorize. But
it is not vectorizing the IR.

Am I missing something here?

Regards,
Suyog Sarda