[LLVMdev] BasicBlock.h in the binary and in the source differ

Zhoulai zell08v at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 08:58:59 PDT 2015

Hi, I am using LLVM to develop a tool, using Mac OS 10.9. I have download
llvm source and binary from

 http://llvm.org/releases/download.html

I just find the BasicBlock.h file of the binary package

        clang+llvm-3.6.0-x86_64-apple-darwin/include/llvm/IR/BasicBlock.h

is slightly different from that of the source

       llvm/include/llvm/IR/BasicBlock.h

In particular, llvm:: getModule(..) is included in the latter BasicBlock.h
but not in the former BasicBlock.h.  Am I misunderstanding something or is
it an inconsistency LLVM developers will fix?

Thanks in advance.

Zhoulai