[LLVMdev] [RFC] Raise minimum required CMake version to 3.0

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Wed Apr 8 13:19:50 PDT 2015

Just found another issue with CMake versions prior to 3.0.  I need to write
a long string, and prior to 3.0 there is no line continuation for quoted
arguments.  This might seem minor, but it's one of those things that when
you need to do it, it's really annoying for there to be no good workaround
 :-/

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/manual/cmake-language.7.html#quoted-argument

"

Note

CMake versions prior to 3.0 do not support continuation with \. They report
errors in quoted arguments containing lines ending in an odd number of \
 characters."