[LLVMdev] LLD: make atoms in files non-const

Davide Italiano davide at freebsd.org
Tue Apr 7 16:09:42 PDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Rui Ueyama <ruiu at google.com> wrote:
> Currently, member functions like File::defined() return an iterator for
> const atoms. But we don't actually treat atoms as consts -- we updates atoms
> in many places including the core resolver.
>
> We have too many const_casts in our code. It just doesn't make sense.
>
> I'm making a change to make atoms non-const. Please hit reply if you have
> any concerns.

Not concerns, but still I want to add my $0.02
There was already some discussion about this, see the mail derived
from http://reviews.llvm.org/D8372
I'm all in favour of the change because it will allow me to rewrite
that patch in such a cleaner and better way (and enables future
optimisations).

--
Davide

"There are no solved problems; there are only problems that are more
or less solved" -- Henri Poincare