[LLVMdev] Cross Compiling LLVM's test-suite

Romaric Jodin rjodin at kalray.eu
Thu Apr 2 07:51:58 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm working in a company to port LLVM on their own processor.
I'm trying to run the test-suite, but it seems that it is usually run directly on the processor which is tested. In my case, I cannot run it on the processor, but I have a simulator on which I would like to run the test-suite.
Also, it seems to me that the test-suite start by compiling some tools that have to be run locally (so on x86), and then the test-suite compile all the tests, but with the same compiler as the one used to compile the tools.

My questions are :
   - Is it possible to compile the tools of the test-suite and all the tests with a different compiler?
   - Is it possible not to run the tests directly on the machine but on a simulator?

Best Regards,
Romaric