[LLVMdev] Windows Installer

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Mon Sep 29 18:59:35 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Eric Mader <emader at gmx.us> wrote:
> I’m trying to install LLVM-3.6.0-r218288-win32.exe on Windows 7 Ultimate
> x64. The install doesn’t complain, but the toolset doesn’t show up in either
> Visual Studio 2013 or Visual Studio 2010. Also I selected the choices to add
> LLVM to the path for every user and put an LLVM icon on the desktop. Neither
> of this happened. Can anyone tell me how to get this to work?

Hmm, your set-up sounds very similar to mine (Win 7, x64, a couple of
visual studios), and I build the installer and it works for me.

I wouldn't be too surprised if install.bat fails to find your Visual
Studio installation. Can you share the paths where it's installed and
where the existing toolsets reside?

Not being able to install the desktop icon and set the PATH is more surprising.

Did the installer run as administrator? It should, and it should pop
up the UAC when it runs.

Thanks,
Hans