[LLVMdev] about getName in llvm

Hui Zhang wayne.huizhang at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 09:23:31 PDT 2014

​Hello,

I'm new to llvm and I'm looking at some pass code. I have a question:

what does the Value::getName() exactly return ?  I'm looking at some global
varibles, why it prints out something like a type: llvm.gdb.derivedtype6,
.str..... instead of the name of the variables that I declared ? I compiled
the code with -g

besides, I've read through your programming guidance, but still not quite
sure about the difference and relationship between the derived type and
composite type, can you explain that to me with a simple example ?

thanks !
--
Best regards

Hui Zhang