[LLVMdev] proposal to avoid zlib dependency.

Daniel Berlin dberlin at dberlin.org
Tue Sep 23 13:40:01 PDT 2014

There are also alternative implementations of deflate that are much faster
on various processors, but produce zlib compatible compression  (
http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/ia-deflate-compression-paper.pdf,
et al).  As chandler said, doubt it's worth going down this path.
If we have speed issues, zlib is not the way you want to go.