[LLVMdev] Measure execution time of each basic block

Bean Anderson bean_anderson at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 14:16:08 PDT 2014

rdtsc is pretty good but keep in mind that the tsc register is not kept consistent across cores.  In general, it is consistent across cores on one cpu socket but not across sockets.   But I’ve seen cases where there is a huge difference across cores on the same cpu socket.  (this was because of bios settings used during the boot cycle.)   If you can lock your thread(s) on specific cores, you can avoid these issues.

-bean