[LLVMdev] codeview debug info in Visual Studio

Carlo Kok ck at remobjects.com
Mon Sep 15 14:46:21 PDT 2014

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 19:33:42 +0200, Timur Iskhodzhanov
<timurrrr at google.com> wrote:

> Basically, see my patches to LLVM from early 2014 -- they include tests,
> a DI generator and a DI dumper.  I'd be happy to review your patches too!

Thanks. Looks like it's likely that it's one of the 0xF1 sections, the
first one always has the object file name and what seems the compiler name
and flags. I cloned that whole thing and it didn't make it work. If I had
to guess it would be that it's one of the other two 0xF1 blocks but I
can't find any information on those besides the basic format (Len: UInt16,
Type: UInt16, Data), these new codeview block types I can't find at all
though, at this point I'm rather stuck.

--
Carlo Kok
RemObjects Software