[LLVMdev] How to translate library functions into LLVM IR bitcode?

Liwei Yang yangliwei.uestc at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 20:49:21 PDT 2014

Hello,

I run into a situation where I need to provide the library functions, such
as sqrt() from <math.h> and rand() from <stdlib.h>, in the format of LLVM
IR bitcode files. Then I can try to link the bitcode of my program against
these library bitcode files to formulate a holistic bitcode file.

However, these library functions are only available in object format. And
the source files of them I found have many references to other library
files.

So, is there any way to translate the library source files into bitcode
files, so that all the information that the library functions need is
included and can provide the implementation of these functions to the
calling program after linking?

Thanks for any suggestions:)

--
Best Regards