[LLVMdev] [lld] ELF/Linux support

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Fri Sep 12 04:02:50 PDT 2014

On 12 September 2014 10:35, Oleg Ranevskyy <llvm.mail.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it a known problem?
> What is the fullness of ELF/Linux support?

AFAIK, ELF/Linux support in lld is patchy, but work is being done to fix that.

> Where can I find the features list that are expected to work and what work
> is still in progress?

Good question, one that I also want to know. But my guess is that
there isn't any.

My feeling is that people are waking up to the fact that lld is a very
promising linker, one that we should all try to make production
quality and use by default (just like we did with the integrated
assembler), but we're still at the early days. I have plans to make
that so, at least for ARM/Linux and AArch64/Linux, but at the moment,
I have no resources to work on that. This may change in the near
future.

cheers,
--renato