[LLVMdev] ALF front end

Chao Peng pengchao06 at 163.com
Fri Sep 12 01:57:48 PDT 2014

Dear Sir,

I want to use alf front end by compiling ALF-LLVM
(https://github.com/visq/ALF-llvm).

I met a problem when I tried to install ALF-LLVM based on instructions:

# clone ALF-llvm
git clone https://github.com/visq/ALF-llvm.git
pushd ALF-llvm/tools

# [ALF-llvm/tools/] clone clang (C/C++ frontend)
git clone http://llvm.org/git/clang.git
cd clang

# [ALF-llvm/tools/clang/] synchronize with the llvm version (currently:
release 3.2)
git checkout remotes/origin/release_32 -b release_32
popd

After executing "git checkout remotes/origin/release_32 -b release_32",  I
got follows as:

Branch release_32 set up to track remote branch release_32 from origin.
Switched to a new branch 'release_32'

I guess it is because the current version of LLVM is 3.5. How to solve this?
I'm looking forward your reply.

Best regards,

Chao