[LLVMdev] Compiler-RT buildbot on ARM

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Sep 10 03:37:30 PDT 2014

On 10 September 2014 11:21, Evgeniy Stepanov <eugeni.stepanov at gmail.com> wrote:
> As for the aarch64 failures, do you want to build the aarch64 bit
> stuff, but not run the tests?

Sort of. I'd like to test everything I can, but execution AArch64
tests will obviously fail on ARM.

Are there any tests that don't need execution? Like the lit tests we
have for LLVM?

If not, I'd still like to build AArch64 code, since that stresses LLVM
on AArch64.

> In cmake we try to detect target
> platforms supported by the compiler, but we don't check that binaries
> actuall run.

I was wondering if this could be fixed in the test selection process
(CMake?) to not only choose tests of the built back-ends, but the ones
that could actually run. I imagine if you just run "cmake $SRC", LLVM
build all back-ends by default, wouldn't that try to *run* all tests
from all platforms?

> But why is there so little failures, if the hardware does
> not support 64-bit (or does it)?

It doesn't. Not sure why so little failures...

cheers,
--renato