[LLVMdev] Enabling SPIR target in LLVM 3.3

Micah Villmow micah.villmow at smachines.com
Tue Sep 9 11:30:30 PDT 2014

SPIR/SPIR64 are IR triples, but not backend targets, which is why enabling them as targets failed. SPIR binaries can be loaded into the llvm infrastructure as of LLVM 3.2, though I'm not sure about compatibility with later versions. The loaded module still needs to be lowered to their target specific version before anything is done in order to produce valid code.

Micah