[LLVMdev] Can't build against LLVM-3.5 with CMake: CMakeExports.cmake broken?

Dan Liew dan at su-root.co.uk
Tue Sep 9 00:04:10 PDT 2014

On 9 Sep 2014 06:49, "David Farler" <accumulator at icloud.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I can't seem to get the simplest CMakeLists.txt file working from
http://llvm.org/docs/CMake.html#embedding-llvm-in-your-project. Do any of
the LLVM projects use `find_package(LLVM REQUIRED CONFIG)`?

This should work. Are you building LLVM with CMake or Autoconf/Makefile
build system?

If you build with CMake you can build your application using the LLVM build
or install directory. If you built LLVM with Autoconf/Makefiles then you
can only build your application using the LLVM install directory.

Should I just be using `llvm-config` directly?

No. If you are using CMake this is the right way to do it.

When I'm at a real computer rather than my phone I'll take a proper look.