[LLVMdev] [Compiler-RT] ARM build fails with unknown argument

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Fri Sep 5 07:19:58 PDT 2014

Evgeniy,

I'm getting this error while building on ARM:

clang (LLVM option parsing): Unknown command line argument
'-asan-instrument-assembly'.  Try: 'clang (LLVM option parsing) -help'
clang (LLVM option parsing): Did you mean '-asan-instrument-atomics'?
[6/32] Generating ASAN_INST_TEST_OBJECTS.asan_asm_test.cc.arm-inline.o

This doesn't happen on x86_64, so I'm guessing it's target specific.

Any ideas?

I'm putting up a buildbot that compilers and tests compilel-rt on ARM,
so we can track those things...

cheers,
--renato