[LLVMdev] Phabricator sending empty state change emails for Audit

Daniel Sanders Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com
Thu Sep 4 01:59:39 PDT 2014

Hi Manuel,

It's been brought to my attention that my usage of the Phabricator Audit tool  to track which commits have been reviewed is causing a large number of (almost) empty emails to be sent to the commit authors and anyone else added to the audit as a reviewer. Presumably there are some state change emails that we haven't blocked yet (e.g. the 'Accept commit' and 'Resign from Audit' actions for pages such as http://reviews.llvm.org/rL214709). Could you take a look when you get a chance? [*]

Just to explain how I'm using it, I have a Herald rule that matches commits to lib/Targets/Mips and the corresponding test areas. When this rule matches, it creates an audit, adds me as a reviewer, and sends me an email. I then look at the audit and either confirm that it has been reviewed, review it, or ask someone else to review it as appropriate. Once I'm happy it has been reviewed properly, I either accept the commit or resign from the audit depending on whether I'm accepting the whole patch or just the MIPS related portion. It seems that both 'Accept' and 'Resign from Audit' trigger state change emails even though there's no text in the comment boxes.

[*] By the way, I'm still trying to get approval to submit patches for Phabricator from our side. Unfortunately, it's taking longer than I'd like since they have their own unique licence.

Daniel Sanders
Leading Software Design Engineer, MIPS Processor IP
Imagination Technologies Limited
www.imgtec.com<http://www.imgtec.com/>