[LLVMdev] LICM promoting memory to scalar

Filip Pizlo fpizlo at apple.com
Tue Sep 2 16:36:01 PDT 2014

I think gcc is right.

It inserted a branch for n == 0 (the cbz at the top), so that's not a problem.

In all other regards, this is safe: if you examine the sequence of loads and stores, it eliminated all but the first load and all but the last store. How's that unsafe?

If I had to guess, the bug here is that LLVM doesn't want to hoist the load over the condition (which it is right to want to avoid) but it fails to realize that the condition is true for the first iteration.

-Filip