[LLVMdev] Storing values in global variables

John Criswell jtcriswel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 09:06:06 PDT 2014

Dear Jan,

I can't see it in your code, but my guess is that, somewhere in your
pass, you're grabbing the global context using getGlobalContext() and
then using that to create some LLVM value (e.g., a global variable, a
GEP, etc.).

Passes should avoid using getGlobalContext() to get a context. Instead,
they should get a pointer to the LLVMContext in which the Module or
Function they are transforming belongs, and then create all new values
(including global variables) within that context.

Regards,

John Criswell