[LLVMdev] Adding masked vector load and store intrinsics

Demikhovsky, Elena elena.demikhovsky at intel.com
Tue Oct 28 01:43:01 PDT 2014

Yes, David is right. We should cover all instructions that can trap on NaN.
I just counted all FP instructions, including conversions: fadd, fsub, .., fptrunc, fext, ..sitofp, fcmp, fma (~13) + gather/scatter (2) + load/store(2).
I'm not sure about integer divide and remainder, because we don't have a solution in the Intel Architecture today. On the other hand, a library may support these operations in masked vector form and do it faster than a scalar sequence.

-  Elena