[LLVMdev] RFC: Are we ready to completely move away from the optionality of a DataLayout?

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 17:16:34 PDT 2014

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Robinson, Paul <
Paul_Robinson at playstation.sony.com> wrote:

> > Just as a heads up, I'm hearing widespread support
>
> After 12 hours on a Sunday?  You people need Real Lives. :-)

Hah. Probably true, but honestly the only reason I'm not waiting a lot
longer is because this is extremely low risk and low controversy I suspect.
The writing has been on the wall here for years.

> --paulr
>
> P.S. This won't make multiarch stuff (arm/thumb, or the stuff
> Eric will be talking about at the dev meeting) more painful,
> right? If it's already module-level that seems unlikely but I
> felt like I should ask.

Not at all, if anything it will make it easier by removing variables. I
agree messing with any of that stuff would be cause for concern.