[LLVMdev] Moderators needed for LLVM Developers' Meeting (MODIFIED)

Tanya Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Thu Oct 16 08:57:36 PDT 2014

I have adjusted the schedule slightly as I made a typo. This impacts the second day and the times/sessions, so here is the corrected moderator session list:

All,

I'm needing volunteers to help moderate the sessions of the LLVM Developers' Meeting. All you need to do is introduce the speaker, make sure the speaker stays on time, and run Q&A at the end (run a microphone, select people, etc). Its a pretty easy job, but critical for our meeting to run smoothly.

If you are interested in moderating, please send me your top 2 session choices. I will try very hard to give you your top pick.

Below are the session options.

Session #1: October 28, 10:00-12:15, Oak Fir Room
	Alive: Provably Correct InstCombine Optimizations, David Menendez, Rutgers University
	Supporting Precise Relocating Garbage Collection in LLVM, Philip Reames, Azul Systems
	FTL: WebKit’s LLVM based JIT, Andrew Trick, Apple

Session #2: October 28, 10:00-12:15, Pine Room
	LLVM Stable Releases, Tom Stellard, Advanced Micro Devices
	Source Code Analysis for Security through LLVM, Lu Zhao, HP Fortify
	Virtual Ghost: Using LLVM to Protect Applications from a Compromised Operating System, John Criswell, University of Rochester

Session #3: October 29, 9:00-10:30, Oak Fir Room
	Swift's High-Level IR: A Case Study of Complementing LLVM IR with Language-Specific Optimization, John McCall, Apple, Joe Groff, Apple
	What does it take to get LLVM as performant as GCC, James Molloy, ARM

Session #4: October 29, 9:45-10:30, Pine Room
	Blowing up the Atomic Barrier, Robin Morisset, Google

Session #5: October 29, 11:00-1:15, Oak Fir Room
	The LLVM Pass Manager, Part 2, Chandler Carruth, Google
	Intrinsics, Metadata and Attributes: Now, more than ever! , Hal Finkel, Argonne National Laboratory
	Fuzzing Clang to Find ABI Bugs, David Majnemer, Google

Session #6: October 29, 11:00-1:15, Pine Room
	Supporting Vector Programming on a Bi-Endian Processor Architecture, Bill Schmidt, IBM
	Implementing Data Layout Optimizations in LLVM Framework, Prashantha NR, Compiler Tree Technologies
	A closer look at ARM code quality, Tilmann Scheller, Samsung Electronics

Session #7: October 29, 2:30-4:00, Oak Fir Room
	Implementation of global instruction scheduling in LLVM infrastructure, Sergei Larin, QuIC, Aditya Kumar, QuIC
	Lightning Talks

Session #8: October 29, 2:30-4:00, Pine Room
	Skip the FFI: Embedding Clang for C Interoperability, Jordan Rose, Apple, John McCall, Apple
	Custom Hardware State-Machines and Datapaths: Using LLVM to Generate FPGA, Alan Baker, Altera Corporation

Session #9: October 29, 5:00-6:30, Oak Fir Room
	Controlling Virtual Register Pressure in LLVM Middle-End, Ivan Baev, QuIC
	Architecture Specific Code Generation and Function Multiversioning, Eric Christopher, Google

Session #10: October 29, 5:00-6:30, Pine Room
	Indexing Large, Mixed-Language Codebases, Luke Zarko, Google
	Frappé: Using Clang to Query and Visualize Large Codebases, Nathan Hawes, Oracle, Ben Barham, Oracle

Thank you!
-Tanya