[LLVMdev] [lld] lld build needs to have flags that specify what flavor/targets to build ?

Alex Rosenberg alexr at leftfield.org
Wed Oct 8 11:45:45 PDT 2014

This it totally "armchair quarterbacking," but I am a little frustrated that we've come to conflate flavors and targets.

The original intent of flavors was to internally translate each flavor into a neutral lld-native command line syntax. We now have baked in assumptions of behavior based on flavor.

If I want to cross-compile from OS X for Windows PECOFF, I don't think it feels correct to use a LINK.EXE command line flavor from OS X and I'd rather use an lld-native flavor.

Alex