[LLVMdev] lld coding style

Sean Silva chisophugis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 11:56:08 PDT 2014

IMHO a much bigger problem is functions (throughout LLVM and Clang) that
are still named starting with a capital letter. With LLD, the division is
simple: "is this LLVM or LLD", and this doesn't cause much mental overhead
(at least for me). But with the function name capitalization it's often
much less obvious which one it should be (quick: does raw_ostream use
capitalized function names? how about SourceMgr? How about clang's
CodeGenFunction? or clang::Parser?).

If I had one vote for a "change all the things" type renaming, I would most
definitely put it towards fixing the function capitalization issue rather
than changing LLD's naming convention.

-- Sean Silva