[LLVMdev] More ARM asan failures - Line number

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Oct 7 06:15:22 PDT 2014

Hi Evgeniy,

Now that I can run check-asan without the AArch64 tests, there are a
number of ARM tests that fail with the wrong line number on the CHECK
line...

use-after-delete.cc:20:18: error: expected string not found in input
 // CHECK-Linux: {{ #1 0x.* in main .*use-after-delete.cc:}}[[@LINE-10]]

<stdin>:9:33: note: with expression "@LINE-10" equal to "10"
 #0 0x91ac7 in operator delete[](void*) .../lib/asan/asan_new_delete.cc:98

<stdin>:16:75: note: possible intended match here
SUMMARY: AddressSanitizer: heap-use-after-free
.../test/asan/TestCases/use-after-delete.cc:11 main

Note that the line is 10+1. This is happening with a lot of the ARM
tests. It looks like the test case having one more line due to
lit/check not cleaning some of the meta lines (#REQUIRE etc).

I can't think of a way to avoid this without accepting any 2-digit
line number...

Any ideas?

cheers,
--renato