[LLVMdev] lld coding style

Roel Jordans r.jordans at tue.nl
Sun Oct 5 13:05:18 PDT 2014

>     than future commits should move lld's style
>     towards that. Not by adding new styles to one line inside an old
>     function, but by deprecating style when you deprecate code, and
>     creating style when you create code.
>

> That is one option. But the developers of LLD may be willing to more
> aggressively convert. We should let them speak for themselves rather
> than hypothesizing here.

Polly did a bulk convert using clang-format if I remember correctly,
that solved the coding style discrepancies in just a few commits.  They
now run clang-format on any commit and that keeps things nice and tidy.
  I'm not familiar with LLD though and its codebase could be much larger
than that of polly at the time...

- Roel