[LLVMdev] ASAN tests on ARM

Evgeniy Stepanov eugenis at google.com
Fri Oct 3 07:20:32 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:
> On 3 October 2014 15:02, Evgeniy Stepanov <eugenis at google.com> wrote:
>> The flag itself is target-specific, which seems to be very uncommon in
>> LLVM. Perhaps it's better to move it to some common part of the code.
>> This flag makes sense for other platforms as well, it is just not
>> implemented there.
>
> Would it make sense to run the same test without that flag on ARM? If
> not, than we should move those tests to X86 directories and not run
> them if the X86 backend is not built.

That's a third option. This flag only really makes sense for one or
several test cases in a large GTest file. They can be split and moved
to X86. But this adds more complexity to build system which, in my
opinion, is never good.

> When configuring Clang/LLVM I see that compiler RT follows the same
> back-ends as I request for Clang, which should be ok for
> text-comparison tests, but not for execution. Does Compiler-RT have
> any knowledge of that difference when testing?

Compiler-rt and llvm build systems know very little about cross-compiling.